What would you like to talk about on #ELTchat on 05/03/2014?
Vote for #ELTchat?
If you have an idea for a topic for next Wednesday’s chat then leave it as a comment below this post and we will include it in the poll once voting starts on Monday 3 March. Since we now only have one chat a week, we will add unsuccessful topics from the previous week to the poll.
Time of Next #ELTchat
The top choice in the poll will be discussed at 12.00 p.m. GMT on Wednesday 5 March.
Click here to view the time in your time zone
Please bear in mind
- If you are proposing a topic you should try and join the chat if it is chosen.
- Chat moderators do monitor the voting. There have been recent cases of block voting which has skewed and manipulated the polls. In such cases the votes will be disqualified and results of poll will be announced on our blog.
- Since we started #ELTchat in September 2010, we have discussed a wide number of topics, but with many new members joining our conversations every week, it is very natural that we will get requests for topics which we “have done”.
Check our summaries page to see if your idea has already been included in a past #ELTchat
Ideally you need to suggest a topic that:
- has not been covered already in previous #ELTchats
- is relevant to ELT teachers and teaching foreign languages
- is not targeted attacks on individuals or institutions
- is simply and clearly expressed. It may be edited if too long for the poll. Think 140 characters or less!
The #ELTchat moderators reserve the right to edit or reword a topic or not to include in the poll if it does not follow the above guidelines.Before you propose a topic, do please check the summaries page on this blog or go to the #ELTchat wiki and click on the Transcripts or Summaries Links to see what has been covered so far.If you see your topic but would still like to discuss a different aspect or set of issues, do submit it and we will consider including it again!
Our Summaries & Transcripts Index
Here you can find links to all the transcripts and summaries available.
Click here to find it or look for it on the pages menu on the right hand side.